Friday, October 24, 2008

It's always fun when Grandma (and Luke) comes!

The kids were out of school Friday so I invited my Mom and nephew Luke to come up and do some Halloween stuff.   When she showed up she was dressed in her witch costume.  In her ward in Delta they have a "Witches night out" and all of the ladies in the ward dress up with cute hats and stuff and have a dinner.  I didn't ever think that sounded a little weird until I just now typed it, anyway, it was last night and she missed it so she dressed up today.  My mom is a really fun Grandma! She is always making stuff with the kids.  Today she made homeade play dough to make creepy fingers or noses with, fun!


Cameron, Grandma, Carson, Luke and Reese



We made pigs-in-a-blanket for lunch.  I haven't had these in a very long time!
 

The kids dressed up in our old costumes and we made skeletons out of paper plates.  They were not as easy I thought they would be.  My mom and Cameron did a lot of cutting out and the assembly was not fun either, but they turned out pretty cute.

 
  

Then...we decortated cookies.  These are the best sugar cookies.  Here is the recipe:

Sour cream sugar cookies/ cheerleader cookies( this is what my Aunt JoAnn calls them)
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
cream together

add
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

mix together 
add 
1 cup sour cream
mix
refigerate 2 hours or more.  Roll out on floured surface and cut out shapes with cutters.  Bake at 400 for 10 min



The Lukester
 
Tys  His cookies had at least an inch of frosting on them!


FUNFUNFUN!

2 comments:

Ryan and Hailee said...

How fun!! I love holiday parties, thanks for the cookie recipie, I'm going to try it out. You need to post some pictures now of your fun trip!!

Donna Madsen said...

Looks like so much fun. Tell you family hello. That Luke sure looks like an Ogden!